Behavior Consultation for Families
Create Behavior Solutions provides in-home behavior support; together we work towards solutions that create meaningful change.
Consultation provides behavior support which emphasizes positive reinforcement, preventative and proactive strategies within the context of connected relationships. Evidence-based strategies will help with the difficult moments so that you can have more of the enjoyable moments with your child.
With an overwhelming amount of parenting advice out there, sometimes it’s hard to know what advice to follow and how to actually apply it in real-life. Create Behavior Solutions is here to bridge that gap and provide the support to educate and empower parents. Behavior Consultation provides parents with the tools to deal with challenging issues with confidence to create a positive shift in the well-being of your whole family.
Parenting doesn’t come with an instruction manual but understanding and utilizing the scientific principles of behavior can relieve a lot of the struggle.
Services are tailored to your family’s specific needs.Together we identify where you are as a family, where you want to go, and how to get you there. Goals are broken down into achievable steps; every step is important and celebrated. Behavior strategies are explained, demonstrated and practiced so that parents feel confident in how to use the tools effectively.
The treatment approach is based in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) which is the scientific study of the principles of learning and behavior. Treatment is also influenced by Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – a branch of Behavior Analysis. ACT uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies to help people move toward their valued behavior.
Behavior Consultation can address a variety of issues including:
- Increasing positive connections
- Preventing and responding to tantrums
- Noncompliance (defiance and refusal)
- Difficult bedtimes and sleep issues
- Difficulty with daily routines
- Toilet training
- Sibling rivalry
- Self-injurious behaviors
- Picky eaters
- Avoiding or resisting new places
- Difficulty in school and school refusal
- Learning a new skill to increasing independence
- Social and emotional skills
*Behavior Consultation does not require a diagnosis. Strategies based in the science of behavior apply to all human behavior.
Previous Client writes: “Brianna is the best there is! She has helped our family more times than I can count. No matter the problem, she was always ready with a solution. She’s a very patient, caring, and understand
Tracy Writes: “As a public school special educator of 30 years, I’ve had many different experiences working with many different outside providers. Brianna has absolutely been the best behavioral therapist I have had the privilege of teaming with. Brianna was incredibly helpful to me as a teacher. She provided the piece that is often missing in the educational arena with some students (and their families) with challenging lives. I learned a lot from Brianna and I always felt comfortable sharing the challenges as well as areas of growth with her. Her expertise was invaluable, but what I appreciate the most is her honest and open style of communication. Brianna is dependable, knowledgeable and a really lovely human being!”
Consultation for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders or other Disabilities
- Consultation to help the individual achieve an increased level of independence or address a challenging behavior. This may include training care givers to use positive behavior support strategies in multiple environments including home, work/school and community settings.
- Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans
- Approved to accept funding from Children’s Long-Term Support (CLTS) Waiver Program
- Approved as an IRIS Provider
Remote Behavior Consultation
- For clients who live outside of the Madison area but are interested in receiving services via phone or Web-based video chat.
Send me a message if you would like to schedule a FREE 1/2 hour phone consultation to discuss how Behavior Consultation could help your family.