There is not a one-size-fits-all solution for behavior concerns; nor is there a magic wand to change your child’s behavior. But all behavior happens in-context and serves a function; behavior communicates a need or points to a lacking skill.
When addressing behavior concerns, it’s important to think about both the prevention and the response (antecedent & consequence). Using a positive, proactive approach can help your child build healthy behavior habits and decrease the need for punitive or reactive responses. Skill building is a life-long journey for children and parents alike.
Consultation can address a variety of issues including:
- Increasing positive connections
- Self-regulation, coping skills and flexibility (for kids and parents)
- Preventing and responding to tantrums
- Increasing willingness to engage in non-preferred activities (compliance)
- Difficult bedtimes and sleep issues
- Difficulty with daily routines and transitions
- Toilet training
- Sibling rivalry
- Self-injurious behaviors
- Picky eaters
- Difficulty in school
- Learning new skills to build independence
- Social skills
Consultation generally consists of weekly parent sessions for 14-16 weeks, followed by monthly sessions as needed.
* Approved to accept funding from Children’s Long-Term Support (CLTS) Waiver Program
Contact us for private pay rates
Currently accepting new clients throughout all of Wisconsin.